Meet First Class Scientists for First Class Funding
What is the project karema about?
The basic idea of the project karema is to support a Principal Investigator-Postdoc matching between a top-class researcher from Kaiserslautern (University of Kaiserslautern or High Performance Center Simulation- and Software- based Innovation) on the one hand and a highly qualified international young researcher on the other. The project addresses international Postdocs who intend to develop their own research profile by gaining experience abroad. The Postdoc will have an individual research counseling interview with the top-class researcher taking care of him/her in order to target a joint research project or proposal.
- Exclusive scientific exchange
- Individual counseling by top-class scientists
- International networking at an outstanding center for research
International Postdocs of non-German nationality may apply for the karema Days from 2nd to 10th December 2017 in Kaiserslautern.
- Call for Applications coming soon -
This event includes match-making workshops, which bring the international Postdocs and the top-class researchers from Kaiserslautern and their respective working groups together. There will be three workshops covering essential topics investigated by Kaiserslautern researchers:
- Mathematical Modelling in the Engineering Sciences
- Membrane Biology and Systems Biology
- Optics and Material Sciences
The karema project was awarded the Start-Up Prize of International Research Marketing and is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
Click here for the press release.
- further details coming soon -