Teacher training at University of Kaiserslautern
TU Kaiserslautern offers various teacher training programmes and teaching subjects. The teacher training programme is structured in three levels. The teacher programme offers courses in two teaching subjects and the educational sciences. The courses prepare students who one day hope to teach at the Gymnasium, Realschulen plus, or vocational school level. Starting as early as the first semester, a student teaching requirement develops a practical relationship to the future professional career field.
Detailed information about the teacher training programme is available at the Zentrum für Lehrerbildung (ZfL).
The ZfL is responsible for:
- Overall coordination of the teacher training programmes
- Coordination between practical application and university components
- Guidance counseling for general questions about the teaching career
- Aptitude assessments
- Research and development projects in the area of teacher training
Information about combining subject areas:
• Subject combinations
Specific counseling for the respective departments:
• Course guidance
Exam administration (e.g., registration and withdrawl from the University):
• Office of Examination Affairs