The Biomedicine key area is very diverse, pooling researchers from various disciplines in the biological sciences and medicine, such as bioinformatics, systems biology, molecular and cellular biology, psychology, pharmacy, and epigenetics.
Interdisciplinary research networks are thus created within the Greater Region for researching the causes of diseases and searching ways of healing in the context of cross-border projects.
In the context of successful workshops this cooperation has been and still is being extended and intensified; present and future workshop subjects include the following:
- Redox Biology Symposium, April 2013, Kaiserslautern
- Big Data - Challenges and Opportunities, December 2013, Luxembourg
- Systems Biology, Epigenetics & Systems Analysis, January 2014, Saarbrücken
- Psychobiology & Health, Mai 2014, Luxembourg
- Chemical Biology & Drug Research (not yet scheduled)