How to Proceed
1. It is an advantage if you can already present a special research interest. Please, check the websites of the at the respective departments. The participating institutes and working groups are listed here:
Department of Mechanical and Process Engineering
- Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Production Management (FBK)
- Chair of Design in Mechanical Engineering (KIMA)
- Institute of Machine Elements, Gears and Transmissions (MEGT)
- Institute of Virtual Product Development (VPE)
- Institute of Materials Science and Engineering (WKK)
- Institute of Vehicle Propulsion Systems (LAF)
- Workgroup for Materials and Surface Technologies (AWOK)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Department of Computer Sciences
2. Send a short, personal inquiry to the respective professor (Please do not send any mass e-mails, they won’t be answered!)
3. Once the professor encourages you to send an application (and you have checked your possibilities of funding), please submit your application directly to the professor.
4. The professor will check your application and discuss it with his/her CVT-colleagues.
5. After your acceptance as doctoral candidate in the CVT Graduate School, please address immediately the ISGS in order to get support with accommodation, your visa, other administrative issues and welcome services.