Further offers and information for parents
Logo articles "Wissenschaftlicher Nachwuchs" are available free of charge from the Family Service Office. We offer baby hats and baby T-shirts in sizes 86 to 98, and a bib.
For older children we offer children's caps and T-shirts in sizes XS (size 104), S (size 110/116), M (size 122/128) and L (size 152).
The president personally greets all “new” parents with a welcome gift. The meeting offers parents an opportunity to communicate to university management their wishes regarding the reconciliation of family and job or their field of study.
The gift, compiled by the Gender Equality and Family Affairs Office, consists of a bib, a baby hat and T-Shirt with the imprint “Wissenschaftlicher Nachwuchs” (“Young Scientists”) and with the university logo, supplemented by information material about TUK's offers for families.
The welcome package is handed over twice a year (May/November) by the president.
In order to make sure that all parents-to-be can be reached, we look forward to receiving your message or announcing the measure to employees and fellow students.
Further information can be obtained from the Family Service Office.
- Alles links lead to German sites/info material:
- Brochure "Mit Kind an der TUK" (Studying with children at TUK)
- Site plan for families
- Information about WissZeitVG
- Best Practice Club: Projekte für mehr Familienfreundlichkeit in Hochschulen
- Tutoring: "Studenteninitative für Kinder e.V." in Kaiserslautern
(also to be found on Facebook!)
- Studieren-mit-Kind (Studying as a parent)
- For students and staff: Well prepared in the event of an accident or illness, the folder for emergencies provides an overview for relatives and helpers of who to contact and what steps to take if you cannot act yourself.
• Pilates for mums-to-be, post-natal gymnastics and “Happy Fit Mama” (sports with baby) is offered by university sports. There are also parent-child gymnastics groups. You can register at Unisport.
• UNIFIT offers children's swimming courses for 4 and 5 year old children.
• The BFSFJ offers the “Family Benefits Information Tool” - www.infotool-familie.de. With the help of this digital service, parents(-to-be) and families can find out, by entering only a few details, which family benefits and, if applicable, other support services are available to them and where and under what conditions they can be applied for.
• Studying abroad as a parent
Family Service Office
building 57 , room 271
Tel.: +49 631 205-4323
Consultation by agreement