Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Teaching
Erasmus+ supports teaching periods at higher education institutions abroad. If you work in higher education, you can spend time teaching at an institution in an Erasmus+ Program Country, as long as the host hnstitution is an active partner of TUK. Continue reading to find out more about exchange opportunities for lecturers.
Who Can Participate?
The following groups can be funding for a teaching exchange with Erasmus+:
- University professors and lecturers
- Teaching staff
- Emeritus professors and retired lecturers
- Doctoral candidates and post-docs
- Corporate employees (Incoming only)
- You are employed by the TU Kaiserslautern
- There is an active Erasmus+ partnership with your desired host institution
- The planned duration of the teaching exchange is min. 2 days and max. 60 days
- The teaching exchange needs to comprise at least 8 teaching hours in one week or less. After one week (5 days), the minimum number of required hours per day is calculated as follows: 8 hours divided by 5 days mulitplied by the number of additional days.
- The simultaneous payment of similar costs using EU funds is not allowed.
You can search for possible partneruniversities by using the Mobility Online Portal:
*Tip: Select any given study program (Studiengang) to simplify result output.
When you have found a suitable partner university and would like to pursure the teaching exchange, please contact the ISGS or the partner university directly.
The Erasmus+ Teaching Exchange grant includes travel and accommodation costs, which are calculated by the EU Commission/National Agency DAAD as unit costs.
Before the Exchange
The following documents must be submitted before the beginning of the exchange:
- official invitation from the partner university (as letter or E-Mail)
- Business Trip Application (Dienstreiseantrag)
- Mobility Agreement
- Grant Agreement
After the Exchange
The following documents must be submitted after the exchange has taken place (within 2 weeks):
- Certificate of Attendance
- EU-Survey (online)