Erasmus+ is the EU's program to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Set to last until 2020 with a budget of €14.8 billion, approx. two million students are planned to benefit from Erasmus+, a quarter million of which come from Germany. This includes students of all levels who go abroad to complete a study period or traineeship.
On this webpage, you can find additional information about the organization, planning, and application for an Erasmus exchange period.
- Simplified application procedure
- All participants receive funding
- Partner universities do not charge tuition fees
- Academic recognition of courses taken abroad
- Support during preparation of a stay abroad from the TU Kaiserslautern and at the guest unversity (culturally, linguistically, organisationally, academically) as well as extra benefits for Erasmus students at the guest university in areas such as searching for housing, on-site language courses, Erasmus Events, etc.
Careful and timely planning is essential for the planning of a study abroad exchange. If you would like to take part in the Erasmus Program, we recommend getting in touch with the Erasmus Coordinator in your department at least 8 months before you plan to go abroad. Please be sure to watch out for information sessions or internal deadlines in your department.
The Department of International Affairs: ISGS is also happy to assist you with the application and planning of your exchange. Feel free to visit us in Building 47 / Room 626, call, or write us an E-Mail.
Within the Erasmus+ Program of the European Union, post-secondary institutions can set up cooperations for student Exchange within Europe. Participating countries include the 28 EU Member States as well as Iceland, Liechtenstein, FYR Macedonia, Norway, and Turkey. The faculties of TUK currently have agreements with over 160 universities in 25 countries. Find out which partnerships are active in your faculty:
• PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
Information about the Online Application
***Students in the Faculty of Business Studies and Economics are advised to contact the International Office in their faculty to procede with the application***
Students in all other faculties can proceed with the online application as described here. To begin the application, please fill out the online application form and register in the online databank Mobility Online. After you have filled in your personal information, you can continue by uploading the required documents.
- Passport-sized Photo
- Motivation Letter
- Leistungsübersicht (Transcript of your current grades at the TU Kaiserslautern)
- Signed Application Form
- Any other relevant forms, as required by your faculty (e.g., language certificates, transcripts)
If you have any questions about the application, please contact the ISGS (see contact information above)
The application period for the Winter Semester 2020/2021 and the Summer Semester 2021 has been closed on February 7th 2020.
Depending on the availability, there will be another submission deadline in summer 2020 for remaining spots for the Summer Semester 2021. Further information will be given here later on.
The amount of funding is dependent on the length of the stay abroad as well as on the destination country. The destination countries are divided as follows:
- Group 1 - 450.00€ per month: Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Great Britain
- Group 2 - 390.00€ per month: Belgium, France, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Cypres
- Group 3 - 330.00€ per month: Bulgaria, Estonia, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, FYR Macedonia, Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary
Special Funding and Grants
Erasmus+ supports equal opportunities for all students and therefore offers Special funding and grants for students with disabilities and single parents travelling with children.
Special Funding for Students with Disabilities
Students and staff members with a degree of disability of at least 50 can apply for special funding within the Erasmus+ program. If you are eligible for this type of funding, please contact the Department of International Affairs: ISGS for more information.
Grants for Single Parents Travelling with Children
Single parents with children may recieve a special grant if they bring their child(ren) with them during the exchange and are the sole caretaker during the stay abroad. This also applies for students completing an internship abroad. For more information please contact the Department of International Affairs: ISGS.
Each university institution wishing to take part in the EU program for general and professional education, youth, and sport in 2014-2020 must possess a valid Erasmus Charta for Higher Education (ECHE).The ECHE was awarded by the European Commission. It proves that a university fulfils all conditions for a successful participation in the Erasmus+ program.
M.A. Cornelia Noll
building 47 , room 626
Tel.: +49 631 205 4914
Fax: +49 631 205 3599
- 12:00 pm
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (Mo-Th)