Erasmus+ Staff Mobility for Teaching – STA

Erasmus+ supports teaching periods at higher education institutions abroad. If you work in higher education, you can spend time teaching at an institution in an Erasmus+ Program Country, as long as the host institution is an active partner of TUK. Continue reading to find out more about exchange opportunities for lecturers.

Who Can Participate?

The following groups can get funding for a teaching exchange with Erasmus+:

  • University professors and lecturers
  • Teaching staff
  • Emeritus professors and retired lecturers 
  • Doctoral candidates and post-docs
  • Corporate employees (Incoming only)

 Other Requirements

  • You are employed at TU Kaiserslautern
  • There is an active Erasmus+ partnership with your desired host institution
  • The planned duration of the teaching exchange is min. 2 days and max. 60 days
  • The teaching exchange needs to comprise at least 8 teaching hours in one week or less. After one week (5 days), the minimum number of required hours per day is calculated as follows: 8 hours divided by 5 days multiplied by the number of additional days.
  • Receiving a similar fund simultaneously through EU funds is not allowed.

The following countries are Erasmus program countries:

Member countries of the European Union (EU):
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany  , Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden

NON-EU Programm countries:

Great Britain*,  Iceland, Liechtenstein, North Macedonia, Norway, Serbia, Turkey       
*limited due to Brexit

You can search for possible partner universities by using the Mobility Online Portal

*Tip: Select any given study program (Studiengang) to simplify result output.

When you have found a suitable partner university, where you would like to pursue a teaching exchange, please contact the ISGS or that partner university directly.

The Erasmus+ Teaching Exchange grant includes travel and accommodation costs, which are calculated by the EU Commission/National Agency DAAD as unit costs.

Travel Costs

Before the Exchange

The following documents must be submitted before the beginning of the exchange:

  • official invitation from the partner university (as letter or email)
  • Business Trip Application (Dienstreiseantrag)
  • Mobility Agreement
  • Grant Agreement

After the Exchange

The following documents must be submitted within two weeks after the end of your exchange:

  • Certificate of Attendance
  • EU-Survey (online)


M.A. Cornelia Noll
Bldg. 47, Room 626
67663 Kaiserslautern
Tel.: +49 631 205 4914
E-Mail: noll[at]


Consultation hours:

Please contact us via email or phone.




Go to top