Admission & Enrollment
Letter of Admission/ Zulassungsbescheid
All you have to do now is wait for your letter of admission which will tell you what happens next. Either:
- You have been admitted to one of the Master's or PhD programs at Kaiserslautern University, or
- You have been admitted to one of the Master's programs at Kaiserslautern University, but first need to take the DSH examination (German as a foreign language), or
- You have been admitted to one of the Master's programs under certain conditions (e.g. retaking certain exams/ courses), or
- You have not been admitted to the desired program at Kaiserslautern University.
If you wish to accept the place offered to you at the university, please return the enclosed acceptance sheet in time.
You can only enroll directly at Kaiserslautern University. Please report to the students' office within the period given. Please bear in mind that you will be asked to present the originals of your certificates and transcripts as well as your ID card or passport. As soon as you enroll, your social security contribution is due.
- Applicants from Europe may transfer the amount prior to enrolment
- Applicants from non-EU countries are advised to transfer the full amount following arrival in Germany, shortly before enrolment
At the Kaiserslautern University there is an Office of Student Affairs / Studierendenwerk, which manages social facilities (refectory , sports activities). All students have to pay a corresponding social fee every semester. This fee includes the transportation card , which allows students to use public transport in Kaiserslautern and its surroundings at no extra cost for one semester. At present, you have to pay a semester fee of about 220,25 € (2016/17) when you enroll at the University.