Accomodation for ISGS Students
If you are a postgraduate student participating in an international degree program or an ISGS program, ISGS will find a suitable flat for you. It will be ready for you on the day of your arrival! If you would like us to help you with your flat hunting, we recommend the following:
» Think about what kind of flat you would like and how big it should be.
» Plan the exact date of your arrival and carefully think about your finances.
» Read more on the
"Information on Accommodation & application form":
» ISGS will confirm receipt of your application by e-mail and process your application.
- If you apply for a room in a residence hall, your name will be put on a waiting list. If you are granted a room at a residence, we will sign the tenancy agreement for you. Afterwards, you cannot reject the room!
- If you do not receive a room in a residence hall, ISGS will try to find a comparable private flat for you. Considering the fact that flats are slightly more expensive on the market, you may either accept or reject our offer.
- Please take into consideration that we need time to deal with your application. If we have confirmed receipt of your application, you can be sure that we will find a flat for you in any circumstance!
» Handing over of the flat on your arrival
- Please tell us well in advance when exactly you will arrive, and whether you will be arriving by train, car or plane. This enables us to give you some advice concerning your arrival and to welcome you personally.
- After your arrival, we will accompany you to your flat, hand over the key and the tenancy agreement to you and introduce you to your landlord.
If you want to inform yourself on accommodation in Kaiserslautern (e.g. bigger flats), just search for "Wohnung Kaiserslautern" and you'll find a lot of helpful webportals. In order to understand property advertisements better, make use of the helpful "Anzeigen-ABC", an advertisement glossary containing information on common abbreviations and expressions. Once a year, usually at the beginning of the winter semester, the university students' association (AStA in building 46, room 205) organises a sale where you can buy second-hand furniture, bicycles, electrical appliances etc. at very reasonable prices. To find out the exact date of the sale, look out for postings announcing the 'AStA-Möbelaktion'.