University transfer students


A change in programme to a higher semester is certainly possible, if you are or have been enrolled in a degree programme at another technical university in Germany.

If you were enrolled in a different degree programme (lateral entry) or studied abroad, you must have your past credit hours evaluated for recognition purposes. This is accomplished by providing your respective transcripts (grades/performance overview, also the ones not passed) to the Office of Examination Affairs. Your documents should be submitted in original or in certified copy with an informal request for recognition to the responsible exam committee.

On the basis of the submitted documents, the Department of Examination Affairs examines whether you still have an examination claim for the required study programme and for which semester you are eligible to enroll.


If you desire to study a limitted enrollment programme in the 1st semester, please apply via Information can be found here.


Applying with German entrance qualifications


Transfer students from a University of applied Sciences

Please understand that courses at a University of Applied Sciences, although course titles may be the same, are not always identical with the courses in a degree programme at a technical university. Before submitting your application, ensure that you have all the information about the special examination procedures applicable to your degree programme. More information about degree requirements is provided in the examination affairs page.

Attention: Several new exam policies (mechanical and process engineering, electrical engineering and computer science, informatics, etc.) require that all preliminary exams for the Diplom degree be rescheduled for the sixth semester. This also applies if you transferring, for example, to TU Kaiserslautern for the winter semester and this is your fifth semester.



Foreign applicants

As an applicant with foreign academic qualifications, as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance and have made a final decision to begin your studies at TU Kaiserslautern you can initiate the evaluation process to have your credits recognized. Your past academic performance will then be evaluated to determine whether you are qualified for enrollment in a higher semester.

In any case, your application process is based on the source of your general qualification for university admissions (e.g., secondary school transcripts).

Applying with a foreign entrance qualification


↵ back




Important information

Degree requirements

Application deadlines

Online applications

Academic counseling

Zum Seitenanfang