Zur Hauptnavigation / To main navigation

Zur Sekundärnavigation / To secondary navigation

Zum Inhalt dieser Seite / To the content of this page

Sekundärnavigation / Secondary navigation

Inhaltsbereich / Content

Credits for courses at a technical college (FH)

Courses completed at a technical college or university of applied science may qualify you for admission to the university. The rules governing this are provided in the Higher Education Act of Rhineland-Palatinate.

Your graduation degree from a university of applied sciences qualifies you to enter a university, without restriction as to the possible course of study.

If you attend a university of applied sciences but have not yet graduated and you are attempting to transfer to TU Kaiserslautern, it is possible that the credits you have earned to date may be adequate to qualify you for admission to the university. This depends on whether you are transferring from an in-state university or from a school in another federal state.


You are authorized to study in a related course at a university in Rhineland-Palatinate if you have earned 90 ECTS credits (European Credit and Transfer Accumulation System) in a bachelor programme at a university of applied sciences in Rhineland-Palatinate.

Other federal states

If you earned your credits at a school outside of RLP, the respective state law governing transfers from a technical college (or a university of applied sciences) to a university is applicable to your situation.


Contact us if you need more assistance. We would be pleased to hear from you. There are different rules governing credits earned while enrolled in a German diplom degree programme. In this case, the legal framework is governed by Section 33, Higher Education Act of Rhineland-Palatinate.


Office of Student Affairs

Bldg. 47, Room 402-412
67663 Kaiserslautern

Phone: 0631 205 5252
Fax: 0631 205 4375

Hours of operation
09:00 am - 12:00 (mo-fr)
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm (mi)