If you have not completed school in Germany or at a German school abroad, you must prove that you have sufficient knowledge of German.

In order to apply for a place in a German-language degree programme, you need to have at least German language skills at B-1 level. In order to take on your studies, you need a higher-level German examination, e.g. the DSH examination with the result DSH-2 or DSH-3. You can take the DSH examination at TUK before the start of the semester. If your knowledge of German is not yet sufficient for this examination, you can attend a DSH preparation course as a matriculated student at TUK.

Please refer to the links below for further information:

Knowledge of German to be able to apply
Knowledge of German for your studies
DSH examination
German language courses
News about placement tests and DHS examinations


Marcus Amberger

Gebäude 47, Raum 610
67663 Kaiserslautern

Fon: 0631 205 3598
Fax: 0631 205 3599

Zum Seitenanfang