Change of degree programme

If you want to change your degree programme, change from Bachelor to Master, change your minor or specialisation or study another degree programme (dual degree), this is called change of degree programme.

On-Campus study         distance study      

For this purpose, an application has to be submitted via our application portal within the application deadlines.

For this purpose, an application has to be submitted to the Div. of Distance Student Affairs within the application deadlines.Please submit the applications by e-mail only. Additional submission by post is not necessary.
on-Campus study       Distance Study  

Information on recognition and the corresponding application form can be found here. If you have any questions, please contact the Examination Office.

The change of degree programme requires the recognition of your previous coursework and examinations. Recognition is granted after submission of the application via the Div. of Distance Student Affairs from DISC.
on-campus study              distance study                      

If your desired degree programme
is subject to limited enrolment
in the 1st semester, please apply via and additionally via our application portal (this does not apply to the teacher training degree programme biology and health and the extension examination).

In the case of both, admission-free and admission-restricted degree programmes, an application can be made for a change of degree programme.

A separate application is not necessary.
It is possible to change to an advanced semester of a degree programme with limited enrolment, if there are free places in the advanced semester of the desired degree programme and the corresponding performances of the advanced semester have been completed and recognised. If you have a subject-related higher education entrance qualification, you have to submit an copy of your higher education entrance qualification in addition to the application.

StudentServiceCenter (SSC)
Building 47, Room 109, Ground Floor
67663 Kaiserslautern

Office hours
09.00 - 12.00 (morning)
afternoons by appointment

09.00 am - 4.00 pm (Monday - Friday)
Phone: +49 631 205 5252
Fax: +49 631 205 5040

Please note that you also have to re-register if you apply for a change of degree programme. If your application for a change of degree programme is not accepted and you do not wish to continue your studies in the previous degree programme, you can apply for reimbursement of the social contribution fee paid.

Go to top