Change of degree programme

If you want to change your degree programme, change from Bachelor to Master, change your minor or specialisation or study another degree programme (dual degree), this is called change of degree programme.

For this purpose, a correspondingapplication has to be submitted personally to the SSC within the application deadlines. Please note that applications submitted by e-mail for a change of degree programme will not be accepted.

If your desired degree programme is subject to limited enrolment in the 1st semester, please apply via (this does not apply to the teacher training degree programme biology for Gymnasium and Realschule and further examination).

The change of degree programme requires the recognition of your previous coursework and examinations. Recognition is granted after submission of the application via the Examination Office.

It is possible to change to an advanced semester of a degree programme with limited enrolment if there are free places in the advanced semester of the desired degree programme and the corresponding performances of the advanced semester have been completed and recognised by the department. If you have a subject-related higher education entrance qualification, you have to submit an officially certified copy of your higher education entrance qualification in addition to the application.

StudentServiceCenter (SSC)
Building 47, Room 109, Ground Floor
67663 Kaiserslautern

Office hours SSC
09.00 am - 4.30 pm (Monday - Thursday)
09.00 am - 1.00 pm (Friday)

Contact for students
09.00 am - 4.00 pm (Monday - Friday)
Phone: +49 631 205 5252
Fax: +49 631 205 5040

Please note that you also have to re-register if you apply for a change of degree programme. If your application for a change of degree programme is not accepted and you do not wish to continue your studies in the previous degree programme, you can apply for reimbursement of the social contribution fee paid.

Zum Seitenanfang