Studying in the Corona Crisis
The corona pandemic and the associated measures to combat the further spread of the virus also have an impact on teaching and examination activities at the TU Kaiserslautern.
In close cooperation with the responsible ministries as well as with the Gesundheitsamt, the TUK's crisis team has already made appropriate decisions that also affect your studies.
1. Teaching - analogue becomes online
- According to the current specifications of the German Federal Government and the Rhineland-Palatinate Ministry of Science, the start of classroom teaching at the TUK, i.e. lectures, seminars, exercises, etc., for the containment of the corona virus has been postponed.
- In some departments, alternative online courses will start as early as 14th ofApril. At present, representatives of all departments are working at full speed with our eTeaching Service Center to digitize their summer semester courses for students and to enable them to take their exams properly.
As soon as the restrictions in teaching and examination operations became known, an "examination task force" began to work out alternative solutions for the suspended examination procedures. These must, on the one hand, comply with the aspects of examination law and, on the other hand, take into account the special situation.The effects of the corona virus have affected all areas of our lives. Study and examination operations have come to a virtual standstill and affect some of you in a special way, whether a change of university was planned or an employment contract has already been signed which cannot now be implemented due to the absence of postponed examination performances. Of course, many of you would also like to know how the examination process will continue.At the same time, we would like to ask you to understand that we are not yet able to clarify all problems and questions in this connection, the general conditions are simply not yet secure enough for this. All TUK institutions and departments involved in audit planning work closely together here to develop solutions that keep the impact on you as low as possible.
On the following pages you will find current information on study and examination matters:
3. Service facilities
We ask for your understanding that our service facilities have significantly restricted their on-site presence to protect their employees. Our colleagues are of course still available to you online and by telephone. Please contact the respective contact persons for information on how to reach them.
Starting on April 27th, the Studierendenwerk will offer breakfast and a small lunch to take away in the atrium of the Mensa building. The Mensa will remain closed.
From 20 April, the library will resume its minimal operation and emergency lending.
We will inform you separately about further developments.
These regulations and decisions were made on the basis of the current state of knowledge and knowledge of the applicable political framework.
Please note that these may change daily.
The departments are working on the structure of their websites for online teaching.
Information of the departments
The faculties provide information on their websites about their online course offerings for the summer semester:
New students' speech by Dr. Stefan Löhrke, Vice President for Studies and Teaching
Information for new students
- RHRK has already created an RHRK account after your enrollment. You only have to activate it.
- Information from the student councils and general information for new students