These regulations and decisions were made on the basis of the current state of knowledge and knowledge of the applicable political framework.
Please note that these may change daily.
The Studierendenwerk offers financial aid for students who have lost their jobs and are now in financial hardship due to coronavirus, Stand: 29.10.2020
1. Due to the uncertain and difficult infection situation, we are currently planning to convert the WS 20/21 classroom sessions into an online mode as far as possible. Especially for technical courses of study where on-site presence is indispensable due to laboratory activities etc., it will probably not be possible to change the presence mode.
The programme management at DISC will provide you with information on current developments and the status of planning. The information can be found on the learning platform of your respective course of study.
Important: Registrations for classroom courses are not affected by the current rescheduling. We ask you to register in due time as planned.
2. students who are in a repeat obligation and withdraw from the examination must take the next possible examination date offered after the cancelled examination date.
3. if you have general questions about examinations as a result of the effects on Corona, write to your responsible administrator* in the Department of Distance Student Affairs.
1. Submission of final papers, term papers: As there may be problems with the printing or binding of final papers, term papers or academic papers, we also allow (according to current status until 31.12.2020) the submission of papers in PDF format by e-mail to the Department of Distance Student Affairs. In this case, the file should be received by e-mail via the RHRK account by 12 noon of the submission date. Department 4.5 will then acknowledge receipt. If no confirmation of receipt has been received by 3 p.m., please contact the department by phone. Students are responsible for submitting their files in time. Submissions can only be made via the RHRK e-mail account; if necessary, a bound edition can be requested subsequently. If the file is large, send it in several files.
Important note: In the period from 18.12.2020-03.01.2021 no confirmation of receipt will be sent and experience shows that the letterboxes are very full.
Therefore, especially during this period, please make sure to submit by e-mail!
A confirmation of receipt will be sent again from 04.01.2021 onwards or will be made up for later. The date of receipt will be the date of receipt of the e-mail.
2. Due to the Corona Guidelines TUK, entry to the laboratories, especially for the purpose of thesis work, is only permitted in compliance with the safety and hygiene plan and is therefore only possible to a limited extent. If this leads to delays in the completion of the thesis and the general extension for the thesis of 6 weeks is not sufficient, a further extension can be agreed with the supervisor in such cases.
If it is necessary to cross the border into Germany from abroad to take part in an examination, a certificate can be issued for presentation at the border control.
For this purpose, please contact your respective staff member in Division 4.5.
To ensure that you receive the original in good time, your request should be received at least one week before the examination date.
Please also note the regulations of your country and the Federal Police regarding border crossing.
The inspection of written exams at the chairs is currently adjourned.
All persons involved are currently working on a concept of organization the individual inspection in order to enable it again as quickly as possible, efficiently and without risk to health.
Since the TUK buildings are still mostly closed and not all rooms of the departments are available for on-site appointments, it is recommended to switch to a digital inspection in consultation with the department.
Students who are clearly between passing/failing or who have not passed the examination should be given preference in this respect.
Since there may unfortunately be delays in the preparation of certificates, we offer to issue provisional certificates and performance summaries, e.g. for application purposes. Please contact the responsible working group by e-mail.