Application and application forms

As it takes several weeks to process the application, you should submit the application for continued funding together with all required supporting documents by the following deadlines at the latest. Only then payment is not discontinued. 

(Continued) funding as of summer semester:

University of Applied Science: by 31 December of the previous year at the latest

University:             by 31 January at the latest.

(Continued) funding as of winter semester:

University of Applied Science: by 30 June at the latest

University:             by 31 July at the latest

Students who submit their application at a later point in time have to expect delayed payment. Incidentally, BAföG benefits can only be granted from the month of application at the earliest (example: If you do not submit your application for continued funding for the winter semester until December, you will not be able to receive BAföG until December). 


BAföG und Stipendien

Gebäude 47 , Raum 502-526
67663 Kaiserslautern

Tel.: +49 631 205 3316/2055
Fax: +49 631 205 4386

Application forms  and further information can be found on the website of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) at www.bafö (external link).

Form 2 is not required for students. It is replaced by the matriculation certificate.

If you are attending the German course or the International Studienkolleg, you will need form 2 in addition to the matriculation certificate.

Application forms are also available from the Office for Educational Support.

The online application provides you with the opportunity to fill in the application for funding or individual forms step by step online.

  • without De-Mail account: 

The completed forms have to be printed out, signed and submitted to the relevant Office for Educational Support with all the necessary supporting documents Application

  • with De-Mail account:

If you have a De-Mail account, you can send the application electronically by De-Mail. The application has to be sent to the De-Mail address uni-kaiserslautern(at)

The online application is offered by the Ministry of Science, Continuing Education and Culture (MWWK).


Go to top