UniGR student status

The UniGR student status allows students to benefit from numerous advantages of the University of the Greater Region and to study and live in an international and interdisciplinary way. Students of the Technical University of Kaiserslautern may use the UniGR student status to enrol at one or more of the partner universities (Liège, Luxembourg, Lorraine, Saarbrücken, Trier  as well as htw saar), where they can attend lectures and sit exams, borrow books for free or use the cafeterias at reduced rates. There are no enrolment fees. It is thus very easy to gather intercultural experiences and become familiar with and help shape the different methods of teaching, learning and research at the partner universities in the neighbouring countries and states.

Please note: To ensure that the credits obtained at the partner university will be recognized at Technische Universität Kaiserslautern it is advised to sign a learning agreement.




Enrollment in the UniGR student status

At TU Kaiserslautern

1. Choose a course that you would like to attend (online course catalogue KIS)

2. Contact the lecturer and inquire whether it is possible for you to participate in the selected course (if any questions should arise, please feel free to contact the UniGR officer)

3. Register with the application portal (instructions can be found here)

4. In the application portal, select an admission-free study course that suits the course that you would like to attend and complete the application.

5. Contact the Student Service Center with a short email that you have applied via the application portal and would like to be enrolled as a UniGR student. Here you should also state whether you want to use the VRN semester ticket + Westpfalz with your student ID or not. With your admission you will then receive a payment request and will then be enrolled with the status "part-time student". Please add a current certificate of enrollment from your home university to the email.

6. If you would like to have the selected course credited to your studies at your home university, please fill out the UniGR Learning Agreement.



At one of the partner universities

The enrollment process can be slightly different at each partner university. Students at the Technical University of Kaiserslautern who would like to be registered as an UniGR student at one of the partner universities can find the relevant information at: http://www.uni-gr.eu/de/unigr-student_in.

Go to top