As part of the German-Mexican research cooperation, GIAGEM pursues the following objective:
- Improving the use of urban areas as "Green Innovation Areas (GIA)" for branches in the BioEconomic sector and implementation in German and Mexican cities.
- Analysis of current projects with regard to criteria and aspects linked to Green Innovation zones as a potential development for bio-economic use.
- Development of a manual with listed requirements for the implementation of Green Innovation Zones in German and Mexican cities.
- Identification of further gaps in research and possibilities for cooperation between science and private stakeholders in the field of green infrastructure.
- Dissemination of results (website, presentations in Mexican and German cities, video streaming).
The following results are provided by joint research:
- Comprehensive report of German and Mexican projects as well as reference projects from other countries (USA).
- Long-term networks for cooperation and exchange of knowledge, facilitated through personal contact (workshops) and internet-based communication.
- Manual with realization requirements on the implementation of green innovation zones in German and Mexican cities.
- Joint research project within the EU or BMBF (German Federal Ministry of Education and Research) research programs.