The Erasmus program is the largest and best known student exchange program in Europe. Once you make the decision to study at TU Kaiserslautern within the Erasmus program, the following organizational steps need to be taken:
First, you must contact your home university and sign-up for the Erasmus program. As soon as you are nominated, your home university must send us the list of nominees (including personal data such as name, e-mail address, department, period of stay) via an e-mail to: email@example.com
Then you will receive an e-mail from us with your login details for the online application portal ("Mobility Online"). Further information will be provided in the application portal. Please try to upload all the documents in English (especially your transcript of records), to help simplify the process.
You must contact your Erasmus coordinator who will assist you while selecting your classes.
Course-related questions (e.g. course length) will be coordinated by the Erasmus office.
The online application process must be completed by:
- May 31 for the winter semester
- Nov 30 for the summer semester
When your application is done you can find further information for upcoming questions regarding: Housing, Visa & Health Insurance
Please note that the English taught lectures are not available overall. You can find the English taught lectures for the current and next semester here. (please select "Courses held in English")
Winter semester (Oct. 1 -March 31):
- Lecture Time: Oct. 26, 2020 - Feb. 12, 2021
- Exam period: Mid-February - Mid-April
Summer semester (Apr. 1 -Sept. 30):
- Lecture Time: April 14, 2020 - July 18, 2020
- Exam period: Mid-July - Mid-September
- The above stated dates can vary. Exceptions can be made in case of conflicting exam & departure date. Only the department can decide whether exceptions are permitted
Department of International Affairs: ISGS
Bldg. 47, Room 626
Tel.: 0631 205 4370
10am - 12pm (Mo-Fri)
02pm - 04pm (Mo-Thu)