ISGS Career Service
Towards the end of one's studies or research activities many questions concerning the future professional career arise. The Department of International Affairs: ISGS wants to accompany its international Master & PhD Students on their way from university to labour market by pointing out options of further education and personal development. The ISGS Career Service aims at facilitating your job entry in the German Business context by offering the following services:
Dr.-Ing. Parya Memar, Managing Director of the Department of International Affairs: ISGS, offers individual counseling concerning the question how to finance research or further education.
For appointments, please contact:
Phone: ++49 (0)631 205 4998
Helping you to acquire necessary scientific & academic skills to boost your degree for your upcoming job entry, ISGS offers further education workshops & seminars on a regular basis:
- Networking Dialogs with Executives from Science & Industry
- Workshops for PhD Students & Scientific Staff
- Intercultural Weekends
- Industrial Visits & Excursions
- Job Application Series
For all upcoming professional trainings please check our ISGS-Event-Calender!
Within its Job Appliction Series, ISGS together with qualified external Business-Coaches organizes the interactive Workshop:"How to get invited for a Job interview in Germany"
The objective of this German-Business-Culture-Workshop is to sensibilize international Master & PhD students for the needs of the German Job Market and the expactations of German Recruiters.
Aiming at facilitating their job entry the seminar gives concrete hints and practical advice on how to optimize their:
- motivation letter
- preparation for a job interview
for the German Business Context. The final goal of this coaching session is to help international students to stand out from the crowd with their optimized application documents in order to boost their career start in Germany.
The next Workshop: How to get invited for a job Interview in Germany will be announced in the
the ISGS Calender!
After finishing your studies, a lot of questions concerning your future working life in Germany can arise.
One of them will for sure be linked to the possible payment that you can earn working in Germany.
Recent statistics on current average gross salaries in Germany can be found online:
Information on current average gross starting salaries for graduates can be checked via:
Here you find an salary-overview for the year 2019!
Job Portals of TUK:
- TUK Career Center
- TUK Hiwi-Job-Portal
- Studierendenwerk TUK Job Exchange Service
- Computer Science-Job Portal of FIT (Förderverein der Informatik an der TUK)
Further Career Links of TUK:
- Alumni Association of the University of Kaiserslautern (German)
- Distance Education in Kaiserslautern & in Germany
- Studium Integrale, University of Kaiserslautern (German)
- Language Training, University of Kaiserslautern (German)
- Career Networking Fairs in Kaiserslautern: Bonding (German) & Treffpunkt (German)
- Information on Formation & Establishment at the University of Kaiserslautern (German)
Branch Office of the Federal Employment Agency
(Agentur für Arbeit) at TUK
Erwin-Schrödinger-Str. 30, 67663 Kaiserslautern
Tel.: +49 (631) 3641-158 | Service-Hotline: 0 800 4 55 55 00