Application Procedure for International Applicants
1. Make your decision
- Obtain online information about the departments and their courses offered and about the university's and the graduate schools' main areas of research
- Send an initial inquiry to the ISGS
- Obtain information on studying in Germany and on admission requirements
2. PREPARING & SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
In order to apply for our international master programs you have to submit an online application.
You can find further information and links to the online application platform/form of each program on our International Master Programs Website.
If you have any questions regarding the application process of your chosen program, ISGS will be happy to assist you: info(at)isgs.uni-kl.de
Important: As application deadlines can vary from program to program,
please check the specific information provided for your selected study program!
4. ASSESSMENT FEE
- The Kaiserslautern University charges an assessment fee of 50.00 EUR from applicants with foreign certificates for the verification of their foreign qualifications and certificates in accordance with the Special Schedule of Fees of the Federal State of Rhineland-Palatinate
- ISGS informs you when your application has arrived and then hands over the bank data needed for the transfer of the assessment fee. Please transfer the assessment fee only on demand of payment.
- Exemption from this payment applies to exchange students of partner schools, ERASMUS students, DAAD-scholarship holders and foreign applicants with an intermediate diploma of a German University, who wish to continue their studies in the same study course at the Kaiserslautern University!
- Please note ! Payment does not automatically mean that you have been accepted for studies/ research at the Kaiserslautern University. After the reception of your fee, your application will be forwarded to the responsible coordinator of the program you applied for, who will then assess whether you have the necessary qualification to take up your studies at the Kaiserslautern University. Afterwards, the ISGS will send you the letter of admission or rejection.
- As soon as you have obtained the notification of admission, you should apply for a visa.
- Submit the Letter of Acceptance in which you verify the tentative acceptance of the admission offer, and notify the ISGS of your arrival date.
- Please keep in touch with the ISGS in order to obtain further assistance on matters such as accommodation, conveyance to the university, organizational issues as well as help and support during your initial days in Germany and at the Kaiserslautern University.
Given recent problems with applications sent via msn & hotmail accounts, we recommend to use an alternative E-Mail-account.